Child Watch is drop-in care while you are visiting us to work out. Child Watch is available at both the Janesville YMCA and the Parker YMCA.
Who can use Child Watch?
Child watch is only available as part of a One Adult or full Family membership. Parents and guardians may leave their children with the Child Watch program but they must remain on the premises. We allow children ages 6 weeks to 9 years old.
- All parents must fill out an information form to use Child Watch. These forms are available HERE, or at the welcome center.
- We need one form PER child. All children under the age of 1 must call to reserve their spot within 24 hours notice to ensure proper staff ratios.
Child Watch Hours:
Child Watch hours are limited at this time. Please call for current hours/offerings.
Length of Visits:
- 6 weeks - 18 months: 1.5 hours (if space allows)
- 18 months - 9 years: 3 hours (if space allows)
*If your 12-18 month old requires 1-1 staff time, they are limited to the infant time of 1 hour.
Checking In & Out
- Each parent must sign in their own child.
- Required information includes:
- Membership/ID Card
- Child’s name and age
- Parents name
- Time of sign in
- Parents location on YMCA premises
All belongings must be labeled with child’s full name. Please be sure to tell the staff about any special needs, concerns, allergies, etc. The more we communicate, the better care we can provide. If your child requires more specialized care, please set aside time before child(ren) will attend to discuss any accommodations that need to be made for our staff to be able to provide the best care possible for you and your child(ren). For the safety of our children, parents not allowed beyond the 1/2 door in Child Watch.
Helpful hints for an enjoyable experience:
- Make sure children have a full tummy!
- Diapers should be clean
- Please do not bring a child during their normal nap time.
- Please only one family check-in per open time frame. We are not a licensed facility and are limited to our shorter time frames.
- Due to allergies, please do not bring any snacks or beverages.
For information, please contact Penny Tahtinen at email@example.com.