*Members 9 and under must be accompanied by a parent/guardian at all times.
**No day passes, AWAY members, or Nationwide members are permitted at this time. YMCA of Northern Rock County members only. Members may use their guest passes.
NEW SAFETY PROTOCOLS
We have several new guidelines. Our hope in sharing these guidelines is to earn your confidence that we are proceeding with caution and abiding by all local, state and national health guidelines. We have been working very hard on our new protocols, revising the layout and traffic patterns of our facilities, and increasing our cleaning and sanitizing regimen.
The Y is:
- Providing cleaning materials for members to wipe down equipment before and after use
- Encouraging a face covering for entering the facility and especially in common areas
- Practicing physical distancing by keeping at least 6 feet away from others whenever possible
- Reducing capacity in all areas according to health guidelines
- Implementing rigorous sanitizing protocols throughout our facilities, including breaks for cleaning pool area and locker rooms
Before you leave home:
- Change into your workout attire
- Bring a mask
- Bring your own sweat towel and filled water bottle
- Pool users: Bring your own shower towel and lock for day lockers
- Bring your own mat (BYOM)
We highly encourage:
- Hand washing before and after your workout
- Wiping down equipment before and after use
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What will be required of members while using the facilities?
- Social Distancing:
Maintain a distance of at least 6 feet from other members and staff that are not from the same household group.
The YMCA of Northern Rock County is requiring face coverings for everyone inside our facilities except:
- Children under the age of 5
- Individuals who have trouble breathing, especially during accelerated physical exertion activities
- Those with medical conditions that prevent wearing of a face covering
- Those who have mental health conditions, sensory sensitivities or developmental disabilities
- While swimming, using aquatics facilities, or showering
- On-Duty Lifeguards
- While eating or drinking
- Hand washing/sanitizing:
Wash your hands before and after your activities. If it is not possible to wash your hands, use hand sanitizer.
- Health Check:
If you have been contacted by the Department of Health to notify you of exposure to COVID-19, we thank you for not using the Y until 14 days after your exposure.
If you or anyone in your household are showing symptoms of fever, cough, shortness of breath or otherwise are not feeling well. Please refrain from using the Y until fever free for 72 hours.
Wipe down each piece of equipment before and after you use it, use a fresh paper towel each time and dispose of the towels in the garbage.
Limit the items and equipment you touch to only that which you will use.
If you have the urge to cough or sneeze, put on your face covering and cover your nose, mouth and mask with a napkin or tissue and dispose of it in the garbage. Wash your hands thoroughly before returning to your activity.
Thank you for your cooperation. We want to keep our doors open for as many members as possible. Doing so means taking safety seriously. Any member who fails to comply with personal safety and social distancing policies may be asked to leave.
How can I rejoin?
We have made this easy!
You can rejoin online by filling out the paperwork and emailing it in, by phone or in person. As always, you can reach out to the Y at firstname.lastname@example.org. When you are ready, we will be here to welcome you back to the Y.
What areas/programs are not available?
- Saunas, steam rooms
What is available?
- Fitness Center
- Cardio Equipment is spaced apart/closed to support social/physical distancing.
- Due to general use of weight machines, we have left them open but will enforce social distancing.
- Weight Room
- Limited capacities - Janesville YMCA: 10; Parker YMCA: 5.
- We will be managing social distancing and are asking members to sanitize equipment before and after use.
Reservations required. Limited to 2 people per court.
- Open Gym
Available for Pickleball (singles or doubles) or Family Gym time.
- Lap Swimming
- 1 hour reservations
- Coed locker room will be available for changing, but we encourage you to come with your suit underneath your clothes.
- Showers will be sanitized between each use.
- One swimmer per lap lane unless from the same household
- Group Exercise
- We will have a limited number of classes, with limited capacity.
- All classes that require the use of mats, members are required to BYOM (Bring Your Own Mat). We do have mats for sale for $9 at both locations.
- We will also continue virtual classes.
- The whirlpool is available by reservation only. Limited to 2 people at at time. 20 minute reservations.
Will I need to make a reservation? Yes! Please make a reservation for the following activities:
- Water Walking
- Lap Swim (one person per lane)
- Family Swim (limited to 2 households at a time)
- Racquetball (limited to 2 people per court)
- Group Exercise Classes
- Parker Y Open Gym (limited to 10 people at a time and 1 hour of play)
- Janesville Y Open Gym (Intended for Pickleball and Family Gym time. 1 hour of play.)
- Whirlpool (limited to 2 people at a time for a max of 20 minutes)
- Child Watch (limited to 7 children per location.)
Our cardio and circuit training areas will be first come, first serve, with the expectation members will provide adequate distance from others. Please be patient and know that these protocols have been put in place for your safety and to accommodate as many members as possible each day.
Will I be able to bring guests into the Y?
Yes. You can use your guest passes. Day passes are not available at this time.
Can I utilize my Nationwide membership?
Our Nationwide membership access is currently suspended. We are also encouraging our members to call before they visit another Y, as other Ys in the region likely have similar policies.
Are my children allowed in the facility?
Youth under the age of 10 years old must be accompanied by a parent or guardian in the building.
When will the Y go back to their regular hours and services?
The answer to this question is truly unknown. We hope we can expand hours over the summer assuming our community continues to see a low spread of the virus. Increasing hours, staff and services will be added as use of the Y increases and resources allow.
Why is there no towel service?
The Y has had to pivot our resources to procure additional and costly disinfectants, sanitizers and supplies to keep our members and staff safe. The handling of dirty towels and laundry is also of high concern given the significant contagiousness of COVID-19. The Y has suspended towel service, and coffee service indefinitely. We appreciate your understanding as we continue to navigate reopening.
Water fountains will be closed; however water refill stations will be available.